Thursday, March 1, 2012

Becky's secret to a winning crown.

It was fun thinking of all kinds of challenges we could come up with. We even joked about what the final prize would be for the craftiest sister. That is where we got the idea of making a crown. The winning sister will get her “crowning moment”. To make things more interesting from the beginning, we had to only use items from around the house. It’s a good thing we have stock piled crafty supplies throughout the years. So after the holidays and many fun talks of our challenges to come, our Pinterest inspired challenges have begun.

The items for my crown are made with Christmas tree wire, packets of plastic pearl beads that I’ve had for many years, and acrylic paints. The silvery color came from a can of auto touch up spray paint that matches one of our vehicles. 

With the design, I wanted to make sure the Pinterest logo was noticeable. So I built the crown around that. I started with the edge that goes around my head. Then I built up the front. I made designs in the form of “S’s” and attached them to the base and to each other. I then spray painted the entire crown with the auto spray. Once the paint was dry I slipped the wire ends in to the holes of the plastic pearls for a finished polished look. For the last step I painted the Pinterest logo. It turned out better than expected but would have liked to have remembered to paint the clear acrylic in the logo for a shinier look.

As for my sisters crown, she did an awesome job too!! She took a lot of time to crochet the wire to build her crown. I am very impressed with how hers turned out and love the red accented color to it. She can be very proud of what she created.

No comments:

Post a Comment